We would absolutely love to be able to use your original music and we’d love to cross-promote the heck out of your band or group!
READ THIS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT:
This is basically a regular worded summary of what you would agree to for your songs or music to be considered for inclusion in “Vampires in Virginia”.
You would agree that the Vampires in Virginia “Project” has the following rights:
1 To listen and use the songs that you provide and authorise.
2 To include those songs or any part of them in the “Vampires in Virginia” project (film, promotion, etc);
3 At your option, to use your name, picture, logo, or any other art you provide in the Project or in the promotion of the Project.
4 Your compensation will be in the form of the promotional value of being included in the Project. No money will be paid to you, UNLESS the Project includes your music in a soundtrack album, in which case you will share in those album profits.
5 This agreement will last forever.
6 You have the right to enter into this agreement.
7 If it turns out that someone can sue you for giving us this material, you are responsible for all damages.
8 If we sell the project or our company, we can transfer this agreement over to the new owners.
9 This agreement is Non-Exclusive and you retain all rights to your music.
If you agree to all the ABOVE then Great! Feel free to submit your music. That said, you still can read the actual text of the agreement BELOW before proceeding.
You can submit the links for your music at the very bottom of this page or alternately, you can mail a CD/DVD/USB Drive to: VIV, LLC, Attn: Music Submission, PO Box 974, Midlothian, VA 23113
The film editors will hear submissions that include a signed agreeement first since we turn those over immediately to them to use while editing. After they have exchausted the pre-released material they wiill go through the other submissions!
Below it the ACTUAL AGREEMENT:
This is what you will be agreeing to if you want your music to be considered to be included in the film. Read it carefully and consult an attorney. If you think any part of the agreement is unreasonable, please let us know.
Dated as of : __________
Master License issued to VIV, LLC, PO Box 974, Midlothian, VA, 23113 (“VIV”), by __________ (“Licensor”).
a. “Songs” : ____________________
b. “Links” : ____________________
c. “Artist” : ____________________
d. “CD” : ____________________
2. Rights Granted: By submitting this form Licensor hereby grants VIV, LLC the following:
a. The irrevocable non-exclusive right to use the Songs herein from the Links via Internet connection, submitted CD, or other submitted means, for possible inclusion in the project tentatively entitled “Vampires in Virginia” (“Project”).
b. The irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, include or stream the Song(s) in whole or part in synchronization with the Project via any form or method.
c. The irrevocable non-exclusive license to use or include any portion of Song(s) in the Project or to use same to promote the Project in perpetuity.
d. The irrevocable non-exclusive license to use or include any portion of Song(s) in the Project or to use same to promote the Project.
e. The irrevocable non-exclusive license to use Artist name and likeness, logo or other artwork provided by Licensor in synchronization with Project and/or promotion thereof.
3. Term: The Term of the Agreement shall commence on the date hereof and continue in perpetuity.
4. Territory: The Territory of the Agreement shall be the Universe.
5a. Compensation: Good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged.
5b. Additional Compensation: At it’s option, VIV, LLC may include Song(s) for sale as a part of a soundtrack. In that case, VIV, LLC will pay 50% of the net profits generated by the song to the Licensor. Both parties agree that every Song included in the soundtrack will divide the 50% share equally as calculated by length of Songs included in the soundtrack.
6. Warranty: Licensor represents and warrants that it is free to enter into this Agreement, has the full right, power and authority to do so and to perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party and will not do or permit any act which will interfere with or derogate from the full performance of VIV, LLC’s exercise of the rights herein granted.
VIV, LLC warrants and represents that it is free to enter into this Agreement, has the full power and authority to do so and to perform its obligations hereunder. VIV, LLC further warrants that the making of this Agreement by VIV, LLC does not violate any agreement, right, or obligation existing between VIV, LLC and any other person, firm, or corporation.
7. Indemnity: Licensor shall indemnify and hold VIV, LLC, its affiliates, successors, assigns, and licensees harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, losses, expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and legal costs), or damages arising out of any breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or any warranties, representations, or agreements made by Licensor contained herein.
8. Assignment: VIV, LLC shall have the right to assign freely this Agreement and/or any of VIV, LLC’s rights hereunder to any person, firm corporation or entity at its sole discretion.
9. Notices: All notices to be given by either party hereunder shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand or by United States certified mail, postage prepaid, return receipt requested, to the address of each party as first set forth above until notice of a new address shall be duly given.
10. Entire Agreement: This Agreement fully supersedes any and all prior agreements or understanding between the parties hereto or any of their respective affiliates with respect to the subject matter hereof, and no change in, modification of or addition, amendment or supplement to this Agreement shall be valid unless set forth in writing and signed and dated by both parties hereto subsequent to the execution of this Agreement.
11. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Virginia and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Virginia and where the relevant contacts are with such state shall govern (a) the validity and interpretation of this Agreement, (b) the performance by the parties of their respective obligations hereunder, and (c) all other causes of action arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the termination of this Agreement.
END of the Agreement.
Here is the form to submit links to your music: